Being a Company Secretary can be both a rewarding and challenging experience and sometimes it can be helpful to speak confidentially to an independent third party to help you think things through – for example if you are:-
· establishing yourself in a new role;
· experiencing a particularly challenging period, or challenging work relationships;
· feeling like you need to build your confidence, personal impact or soft skills;
· experiencing significant change at work, or feel like it is time for a change;
· needing some clarity on your career next steps;
I have certainly felt all of these at times so I was delighted when I read that the ICSA were introducing a free mentoring scheme for all members and were looking for volunteer mentors. I, along with nine other ICSA members volunteered to take part. We all attended a training course earlier in the summer and I am really looking forward to working with my first mentee.
ICSA are offering 2 to 6 free mentoring sessions with trained ICSA members from a variety of sectors and backgrounds. If you would like to take advantage of this new service contact ICSA at mentoring@ICSA.org.uk.
ICSA are also considering introducing a paid Coaching service to help members find qualified coaches, further details will be released next year.